Xplore Begins Deliveries of AllVue(TM) Technology for iX104(TM) iX104(TM) Tablet PCs
No other rugged tablet PC manufacturer can claim the high level of readability and visibility delivered by Xplore tablets and AllVue technology. The typical displays found on most laptop and tablet computers are designed for use under the optimal conditions found within an office or home environment. Xplore displays enhanced with AllVue are not dependent on the lighting conditions to provide outstanding contrast and brightness, resulting in sharp images and clear text.
Compared to standard tablet and laptop displays, screens with AllVue feature:
- 86% reduction in reflective loss
- 300% increase in screen effectiveness outdoors
- 16% increase in screen effectiveness indoors
- More efficient light pass-through
- 200% increase in impact and scratch resistance
- No impact on battery life
Xplore Technologies Corp. has begun shipping its new rugged wireless iX104 Tablet PC with a proprietary multilayer optic AllVue LCD technology to prevent glare and reflectivity in high ambient light and sun-lit environments.
According to the company, AllVue is an advanced LCD and digitizer assembly technology using multi-layer optic enhancements and assembly processes that reduce reflectivity and glare, and increase brightness and contrast, effectively boosting display quality in all lighting conditions, including direct sunlight.
By comparison, the majority of existing laptop and tablet PCs use transflective, reflective, or transmissive displays. Each type is best suited for some combination of high, mid, or low light conditions, but never all three.
Xplore introduces iX104 Dual Mode Tablet PC - provides BOTH highly responsive inductive (active) stylus AND the convenience of finger touch inputs all in a single rugged system.
Xplore introduces integrated WAAS enabled GPS solution for iX104 Family. Fully contained, GPS system uses OEM module and embedded antennas all protected and sealed within the iX104 magnesium housing.
AUSTIN, TX, Jan. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Xplore Technologies(R) Corp. (TSX: XPL), a leading international developer, producer and distributor of rugged wireless Tablet PC computer systems, today announced the release of its iX104R(TM) Renegade(TM), a rugged Tablet PC computer that offers a new class of durability. With a manufacturer's suggested list price of US $2,995 the Renegade(TM) Tablet PC provides an optimal blend of ruggedness, reliability and performance demanded by a growing population of enterprise and industrial customers currently unavailable in the value segment of the rugged mobile computing market.
Xplore's iX104 is the first rugged Tablet PC product engineered from the ground up exclusively around Microsoft's versatile and powerful Windows® XP Tablet PC Edition Operating System by a manufacturer that has been providing rugged pen computing systems since 1996.
Designed and tested around Military Environmental Test Standards [MIL-STD 810F], the iX104 extends the benefits of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition to go beyond the office corridor and into the field, the warehouse, the police cruiser or wherever mobile workers operate. Handling the daily exposures of extreme operating temperatures, drops and shocks and the vibration associated with forklifts, trucks and police cruisers, the iX104 is ideally suited for public safety, utility, field service, field sales, health care, warehousing, transportation, government/military and homeland security applications.
- Rugged Construction - iX104s magnesium chassis and patented protection system lets you work free from worry that your device will be damaged in harsh computing environments be it dropped, banged or exposed to constant vibration
- Horsepower - at the heart of the iX104 is a powerful ULV Intel® Pentium® III processor-M, 4X AGP graphics accelerator, up to 48MB of video memory, amplified stereo speakers and a long life Lithium Phosphate battery pack
- Docking Stations - the iX104 docking stations are designed for multiple working environments be it on a desktop, in a vehicle or on a wall. Our vast array of durable, custom mounting kits allow for proper positioning in a variety of workspaces. And with Windows XP Grab and Go capabilities, docking and undocking of the iX104 lets users quickly grab and go without having to change to a standby or hibernate state
- Built-in Wireless Communication - the iX104 has internal radio bays and performance matched embedded antennas for true mobility. Support for simultaneous WLAN and WWAN lets you work in any environment. Windows XP zero configuration wireless support makes it easy to take advantage of wireless networks and stay connected
- Enhanced Display - whether indoors or outside the iX104s XGA display can easily be seen thanks to Xplores optical enhancement technology. In addition Instant Screen Rotation provides additional flexibility in how you use your iX104 by letting the user instantly change the screen rotation from portrait to landscape mode on-the-fly
- Maintenance and Upgrades - are easy with the Xplore Rapid Configuration Bay (xRCB) designed to allow for maintenance and future expansion of your system e.g. RAM, hard drives or radio upgrades
- Xplore Snap-On Expansion Modules - allow further expansion of the system to meet specific applications such as GIS, digital imaging or scanning
- Hot Keys - an on-board backlit keypad is mapped to specific Tablet PC functions that permit quick access to common tasks. In addition this keypad allows access to the system when a keyboard is not available for diagnostics or BIOS level upgrades