The RM Tablet PC marks an evolution in computing - providing an entirely new interface and method of working that is natural, flexible and highly effective.
The innovative 'slate' design concentrates the power of a PC into an ultra-portable package. There is no need for a keyboard and mouse - controlling the desktop is achieved through a pen used directly onto the screen, which incorporates the convenient and intuitive aspects of pen and paper into a radical new technology.
Going way beyond current pen computing devices such as PDAs, the RM Tablet PC is a full Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional powered workstation that can be used either on or off your network infrastructure just like a notebook or standard PC. In fact, the RM Tablet PC exceeds existing PC hardware by utilising Microsoft's most advanced operating system to date.
The Windows XP Tablet PC Edition gives you the tools to effectively use the pen technology, but also many additional functions, including the added ability to annotate directly onto documents and text using 'Digital Ink' - the cornerstone of this revolutionary new approach. The advantages this brings will have an enormous impact, but in education this functionality fills many gaps that current computer technology cannot. It opens up many possibilities for teaching and learning that simply don't currently exist.
The RM 12.1" Centrino™Tablet PC is thinner and lighter with a 36% larger 12.1" screen.
- 12.1" XGA digitising 1024x768 TFT screen
- Digitiser stylus pen with eraser functionality
- Weight: 1.2Kg (excluding battery)
- Dimensions: 303 x 231 x 23mm (Length x Width x Depth)
- Lithium Ion Battery
- User control buttons (rotate screen etc)
- Four-way microstick
- Integral speakers and microphone
- Ambient Light Sensor
- including screen brightness control software
- Fingerprint ID sensor
- Including Omnipass control software
- Desk Stand
- Intel Pentium M processor with 1MB L2 cache
- 256MB 266MHz DDR memory (upgradeable to 768MB)
- 30GB hard disk drive (upgradeable to 60GB)
- Integrated Intel 802.11b wireless ethernet
- Integrated 10/100 ethernet
- Integrated 56k modem
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- IR port
- VGA out (standard size)
- Headphone & microphone sockets
- PCMCIA Type II port
- Firewire IEEE1394 interface
- MS Windows XP Pro Tablet Edition
- RM Restore disaster recovery software