The HP tx100z is the first Tablet PC HP has designed for the consumer rather than the road warrior. With an AMD Turion 64 bit Dual-core processor, 2 gigs of memory and running Windows Vista™ Home Premium the HP ttx100 is the fastest Tablet computer I have ever had the pleasure of using..
The High-Definition Bright View Widescreen Display with Integrated Touch-Screen is simply amazing. Personally I'm not one to watch movies on my computer, in fact I've never watched a movie for more than a few minutes of a movie on any Tablet PC, UMPC or desktop computer. Now I am looking forward to watching a dvd on my next flight which happens to be to the Microsoft MVP Summit.
Packed with features that include easy access buttons back lit in blue, two headphone jacks; one supports S/PDIF and two sets of head phones, so two people can listen to music or watch movie together, a remote control that stores in the ExpressCard slot., built in web cam, A CD/DVD burner with HP LightScribe for laser-etching your own disc labels, QuickPlay 3.0, which includes a mobile TV module that supports Internet TV streaming and more.
I'll have a full review for you in the coming weeks, but for now I can tell you that the tx1000z is a lightening fast entertainment and Tablet PC that is for those who want all of the features of a Media Center PC along with the ability to use the pen and ink features of a Tablet PC. The tx1000z is not intended for the road warrior or business user who needs Tablet functionality 24/7. It's designed for those who want to have fun and get a little work done on the side.
For those who are wondering, about battery life, I have not had time to do any battery life tests yet, they will be in the full review.
and I'm still blown away by the speed........
From the HP web site:
The lightweight (3.95 lb.) HP Pavilion tx1000z notebook is easy to take wherever your life takes you. In addition, you can replace the optical drive with a "weight saver" module (included) while traveling. Cloaked in HP's elegant Imprint finish, it's packed with new optional features—a touch screen, and fingerprint reader.
Starting at $1299.99
HP Pavilion tx1000 Specs
- AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 and 512KB + 512KB L2 Cache (2.0-GHz)
- 12.1” WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display with Integrated Touch-Screen
- 160GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive
- 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM (2 Dimm)
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 video graphics up to 335MB total available graphics memory
- 802.11a/b/g/n (draft 802.11n) WLAN & Bluetooth
- LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
- 6-Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Additional 4-Cell Battery
- HP QuickPlay
- HP Mini Remote Control
- 5-in-1 Digital Media Reader
- ExpressCard/34 PC Card Slot
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- 1.3mp Webcam
- Fingerprint Reader
- Mobile Stereo Earbud Headphones (2 pairs)
- Expansion Port 3